National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
- EMS Performance Measures National Initiative Introduction and NEMSIS Schematron/Validation Rules Update Presentations
January 14, 2015
Note: Please view this presentation in Firefox or Google Chrome.
This national project is funded by the NHTSA Office of EMS and the HHS HRSA EMS for Children Program. The Cooperative Agreement was awarded to the National Association of EMS Officials (NASEMSO).
January 14, 2015 v3 Implementation Call Agenda:
1) v3.4.0 CR1 - National Schematron / Validation Rule Changes Overview (Josh Legler – 30 minutes) - PDF of presentation (Posted 01-14-2015)
2) EMS Performance Measures Initiative
- - An Introduction and Overview of the Project (Nick Nudell – 30 minutes)
- - EMS Performance Measures Development 101 (Dave Williams – 30 minutes)
- Introduction to the National Emergency Medical Services Information System (NEMSIS) and Its Potential Uses in Syndromic Surveillance
January 31st, 2012
N. Clay Mann, PhD, MS: Principle Investigator, NEMSIS Technical Assistance Center
Gamunu "Gam" Wijetunge, MPA, NREMT-P: EMS Specialist, NHTSA
Bernice L. Boursiquot, MPH, CPH: Public Health Fellow, NHTSA
This webinar will give an overview of the EMS systems and the National Emergency Medical Services Information System (NEMSIS) and discuss how NEMSIS can be used in syndromic surveillance.
- Know Your NEMSIS - Training I
March 22, 2012
This webinar will provide an overview of NEMSIS, how 911 is used for an emergent medical response and the documentation by EMS of patient care, state/territory participation in NEMSIS to populate the national database, and the NEMSIS public reporting tools. Examples of public health or epidemiologist use of EMS data using diabetic data within NEMSIS and collaboration within the State of Utah are provided.
- Know Your NEMSIS - Training II
August 30, 2012
Training and presentations made possible by EEC - the Epidemiology and Evaluation Committee of the Cardiovasular Health Council, National Association of Chronic Disease Directors and the NEMSIS Technical Assistance Center.
This webinar is a follow-up to Know Your NEMSIS initial training. This session asks the state epidemiologists to report on commnications and collarboration between state public health and state EMS data managers for surveillance puposes. Additional training on the NEMSIS Online Reporting Cube.
- NEMSIS TAC - v3 Documenting Transfer of Care from One EMS Agency to Another (v3 Call March 25, 2015) (Posted 05-18-2015)
- 2013 Software Developers Meeting (Park City, UT) - October 24-25, 2013
- 2011 Software Developers Meeting (Park City, UT)- Sept. 21-22, 2011
- NASEMSO Joint Session: NEMSIS Version 3 Overview (Oct. 4, 2011)
- NEMSIS Software Developers Meeting (Dallas, TX) - October 2009
- NEMSIS Advisory Board Meeting - June 2009
- NEMSIS Software Developers Meeting (Dallas,TX) - January 2009
- Description of Children in the National EMS Database - October 2008
- Draft plans for NEMSIS Revision - October 2008
- NEMSIS Update -September 2008
- NEMSIS Update - August 2007
- First Annual Colorado EMS Data Conference- January 2007
- Annual National Association of State EMS Officials Meeting - October 3, 2006. Information presented during the EMS Data Managers session
- Annual NEMSIS Software Developers Meeting Presentation 1 - August 2006. Info about the TAC, status of states, future concept of revising the standard
- Annual NEMSIS Software Developers Meeting Presentation 2 - August 2006. Info about compliance, the national EMS database, national EMS reports
- A Presentation about NEMSIS made during the Wyoming EMS conference - July 2006
- A Presentation about NEMSIS made to EMS Providers in Massachusetts - April 2006
- National EMS Database Overview - October 2005
- National EMS Database Technical Assistance Center - July 2005
- EMS Reason for Encounter (RFE) - October 2003