National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
v2 State Dashboard
Login to the NEW Tableau State Dashboards: NEMSIS TAC State Dashboard (Posted November 10, 2014)
Note: Please use Firefox or Google Chrome to view the Dashboard.
- State Data Quality Analysis: Completeness, Consistency, Valid Times, and Agency Ranking for overall completeness
- State Surveillance Analysis - by Zip Code & Map: MCI and Sick Person Responses
- State Agency Performance Analysis - by Zip Code & Map: Cardiac Arrest, Stroke, and Severe Trauma
Reports based on the NHTSA EMS Performance Measures (PDF version)
NEMSIS TAC - State EMS Office Version 3 SharePoint Site
The NEMSIS TAC SharePoint site allows for communication between the State EMS Office and the NEMSIS TAC personnel only. The purpose is to review documents for each state related to NEMSIS Version 3. Some of the information includes:
- State Required Elements
- State Custom Elements
- State Suggested Lists
- State Rules (for documentation purposes)
Login to the NEMSIS TAC SharePoint Site
- NEMSIS SharePoint Demonstration Video: Accessing & Uploading Documents (posted June 13, 2013)
- NEMSIS SharePoint Manual (Updated Final Version June 2013) (posted June 06, 2013)
- NEMSIS SharePoint: Upload & Submit Documents Overview (pdf) [posted March 16, 2013]
State Data Cube
The NEMSIS State Data Cube has been developed to provide state members access to their own NEMSIS data. The authorized users have general data browsing access to a subset of elements extracted from the National EMS Database.
A series of tutorials have been created to familiarize the user with the tools and features of the data cube interface. They can be found by clicking here or by going to our homepage and selecting from the top menu: Data Center -> Data Reporting -> Reporting Demos. We STRONGLY encourage review of the tutorials before attempting to use the data cube interface.
Requirements to Connect to the State Cube:
- Use Internet Explorer (version 7.0) as your browser
- Use the username and password provided to you by NEMSIS. (same as NDX)
- Optional: Register nemsis.com as a secure site for proper exporting of data.
- On your IE browser click on Tools > Internet Options > Security tab
- On the Security tab choose Local intranet and click on Sites and Advanced button
- On the Add this website to the zone: enter https://www.nemsis.org and click Add button
- Click on the Close button and click OK button
Access to the state cube is available at:
Be aware that if your Internet Explorer settings are set to warn you about security, you might get the message below when trying to export: "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Click here for options..." To avoid losing your work ignore this message and click on the export icon again.
State Peer-Group Comparisons
One important purpose of the National EMS Reporting System is to allow states to benchmark EMS performance. To accomplish this task we asked states to identify 3-5 additional states, whose data may serve as a "Peer Comparison Group" to benchmark against. These states EMS data will be aggregated to provide benchmark information. States are in the process of identifying their Peer Comparison Group.
- View the State Comparison Grid used to identify State Selected Peer Groups here.
- View the "State Selected Peer Groups" here.