National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
v2 State Dashboard
Login to the NEW Tableau State Dashboards: NEMSIS State Dashboard (Posted November 10, 2014)
Note: Please use Firefox or Google Chrome to view the Dashboard.
- NEMSIS State Dashboard Users Manual (Posted November 25, 2014)
- NEMSIS State Dashboard Training Video (Posted November 25, 2014)
Reports based on the NHTSA EMS Performance Measures (PDF version)
State Data Cube
The NEMSIS State Data Cube has been developed to provide state members access to their own NEMSIS data. The authorized users have general data browsing access to a subset of elements extracted from the National EMS Database.
A series of tutorials have been created to familiarize the user with the tools and features of the data cube interface. They can be found by clicking here or by going to our homepage and selecting from the top menu: Data Center -> Data Reporting -> Reporting Demos. We STRONGLY encourage review of the tutorials before attempting to use the data cube interface.
Requirements to Connect to the State Cube:
- Use Internet Explorer (version 7.0 or higher) as your browser
- Use the username and password provided to you by NEMSIS. (same as NDX)
- Optional: Register nemsis.com as a secure site for proper exporting of data.
- On your IE browser click on Tools > Internet Options > Security tab
- On the Security tab choose Local intranet and click on Sites and Advanced button
- On the Add this website to the zone: enter https://www.nemsis.org and click Add button
- Click on the Close button and click OK button
Access to the state cube is available at:
Be aware that if your Internet Explorer settings are set to warn you about security, you might get the message below when trying to export: "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Click here for options..." To avoid losing your work ignore this message and click on the export icon again.
State Peer-Group Comparisons
One important purpose of the National EMS Reporting System is to allow states to benchmark EMS performance. To accomplish this task we asked states to identify 3-5 additional states, whose data may serve as a "Peer Comparison Group" to benchmark against. These states EMS data will be aggregated to provide benchmark information. States are in the process of identifying their Peer Comparison Group.
- View the State Comparison Grid used to identify State Selected Peer Groups here.
- View the "State Selected Peer Groups" here.