National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
EMS Data Manager
Iowa Bureau of EMS
321 E 12th Street
Des Moines, IA 50319
Phone: (515) 242-6075
EMS Website: Iowa Bureau of EMS
NEMSIS V3 Implementation Tools
State V3 Implementation Timeline
Information regarding the state transition to and implementation of the v3 Data Standard was last updated on October 17, 2016.
- Planned closure date for receiving Version 2.2.1 data: December 31, 2016
- Went "Live" with Version 3.3.4: January 1, 2016
- Planned date for all EMS agencies to move to Version 3: January 1, 2017
- What NEMSIS Version will be used with the Roll-Out: v3.3.4 with initial implementation. Update to v3.4.0 January 1, 2017
- Additional Information on the transition timeline:
Version 3.3.4 is "Live" in Iowa and able to receive web entry and 3d party submisisons with actual patient recrods effective January 2016.
Planned date "Live v3.4.0 system" for web entry environment: January 1, 2017.
Planned date "Live v3.4.0 system" will accept 3rd party XML files: January 1, 2017.
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page. If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html