National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
EMS Data Manager
William V. Thompson
Director, Data Management
653 W Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21220
Phone: (410) 706-7798
EMS Website: Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services System
NEMSIS V3 Implementation Tools
State V3 Implementation Timeline
Information regarding the state transition to and implementation of the v3 Data Standard was last updated on October 17, 2016.
- Planned closure date for receiving Version 2.2.1 data: June 30, 2017
- Planned date for Version 3 to "Go Live": July 1, 2017
- Planned date for all EMS agencies to move to Version 3: July 1, 2017
- What NEMSIS Version will be used with the Roll-Out: v3.4.0
- Additional Information on the transition timeline:
Planned date "Live v3.4.0 system" for web entry environment: July 1, 2017.
Planned date "Live v3.4.0 system" will accept 3rd party XML files: July 1, 2017.
The transition timeline is the month of July 2017 for all EMS systems to transition to Version 3.4.0.
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page. If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html