National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
EMS Data Manager
EMS Data Coordinator
New Jersey Department of Health & Senior Services
PO Box 360
Trenton, NJ 08625-0360
Phone: (609) 633-7777
EMS Website: Office of Emergency Medical Services
NEMSIS V3 Implementation Tools
State V3 Implementation Timeline
Information regarding the state transition to and implementation of the v3 Data Standard was last updated on May 12, 2016, (updated 12-22-2016 to reflect NJ has implemented v3.4.0).
- Planned closure date for receiving Version 2.2.1 data: December 31, 2016
- Went "Live" with Version 3.4.0 to "Go Live": April 1, 2016
- Planned date for all EMS agencies to move to Version 3: December 2016
- What NEMSIS Version will be used with the Roll-Out: v3.4.0
- Additional Information on the transition timeline:
January 2016: Custom elements.
April 2016: Began accepting Version 3 data.
December 2016: Drop dead date for Version 3 transition.
Submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database:
Information regarding submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database was last updated on February 17, 2017.
- Date of First v3 Data Submission: February 15, 2017
- Month and Year of First Record(s) in the v3 Database (Unit Notified by Dispatch Date): January 2016
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page. If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html