National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
EMS Data Manager
Martin Q. Lansdale
OK State Department of Health
1000 NE 10th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73117-1299
Phone: (405) 271-4027
EMS Website: Oklahoma Deparment of Health Emergency Medical Services
NEMSIS V3 Implementation Tools
State V3 Implementation Timeline
Information regarding the state transition to and implementation of the v3 Data Standard was last updated on January 29, 2016.
OKEMSIS Version 3 Timeline Explanation (pdf) (Update Posted 04-08-2015)
- Planned closure date for receiving Version 2.2.1 data: March 31, 2016
Version 2.2.1 data will no longer be accepted effective April 1, 2016.
- Went "Live" with Version 3.3.4: July 1, 2015
The OKEMSIS v3.3.4 ImageTrend v3 ELITE system will be available as a test site beginning July 1, 2015.
All EMS Agencies will have a six month period to transition to a v3 compliant product and must switch by July 1, 2015.
OKEMSIS v3 Elite Transition Timeline: July 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015
1) Testing of ELITE product. All services will have access to the test site but some of the larger EMS Agencies will be contacted for specific testing.
2) OKEMSIS v3.3.4 training will be made available for free to EMS agencies starting at the end of July 2015. These trainings will occur on a regional basis and will be announced on the OKEMSIS website.
3) EMS Agencies using third party software systems will have a six month period to transition to a v3 compliant product.
- Planned date for all EMS agencies to move to Version 3: January 1, 2016
All EMS Agencies will be required to report OKEMSIS v3.3.4 compliant data to the OKEMSIS ELITE database.
NOTE: Time line for conversion to OKEMSIS v3.3.4 is subject to change by OSDH personnel if significant issues arise with the OKEMSIS ELITE database (state site) during the testing phase.
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page. If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html