National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
EMS Data Manager
EMS Database Administrator
Utah State Department of Health
Bureau of EMS & Preparedness
PO Box 142004
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2004
Phone: (801) 273-6668
EMS Website: Utah Department of Health, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services
NEMSIS V3 Implementation Tools
State V3 Implementation Timeline
- Planned closure date for receiving Version 2.2.1 data: March 31, 2017
- Went "Live" with Version v.3.4.0: December 15, 2016
- Planned date for all EMS agencies to move to Version 3: March 31, 2017
- What NEMSIS Version will be used with the Roll-Out: v3.4.0
- Additional Information on the transition timeline:
Actual patient records will be collected beginning July 1, 2016.
July 1, 2015: State schematron and business rules published on NEMSIS TAC website.
June 15, 2016: Training for direct data entry/search system users and agency data managers begins. Agency data managers may begin setting up demographics and other settings.
July 1, 2016: Direct data entry agencies transition begins. Transition occurs at agency level.
March 31, 2017: Planned date for all direct entry EMS agencies to complete transition to v3.4.0.
July 1, 2016: Opening for agencies using 3rd party vendors to apply for state compliance testing and approval. 3rd party software vendor imports for an EMS agency will not be turned on until their software has completed state compliance testing.
March 31, 2017: All EMS agencies must be transitioned to v3.4.0 by this date.
Utah has no custom values or elements.
Submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database:
Information regarding submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database was last updated on February 3, 2017.
- Date of First v3 Data Submission: January 31, 2017
- Month and Year of First Record(s) in the v3 Database (Unit Notified by Dispatch Date): January 2017
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page. If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html