National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
EMS Data Manager
WA State Office of Community Health Systems
PO Box 47853
Olympia, WA 98504-7853
Phone: (360) 236-2867
EMS Website: Office of Community Health Systems, EMS & Trauma
NEMSIS V3 Implementation Tools
State V3 Implementation Timeline
Information regarding the state transition to and implementation of the v3 Data Standard was last updated on August 28, 2015.
- Planned closure date for receiving Version 2.2.1 data: December 31, 2016
- Went "Live" with Version 3.3.4: February 1, 2015
- Planned date for all EMS agencies to move to Version 3: January 1, 2017
- What NEMSIS Version will be used with the Roll-Out:
The Washington system is "Live" with v3.3.4 as of February 2015.
Effective January 1, 2016 Washington can also receive v3.4.0 data.
- Additional Information on the transition timeline:
Version 3.3.4 is launched, training available, and vendors may test data submissions.
Washington (WEMSIS) has no custom EMS elements. Custom demographic elements available upon request.
January 1, 2016: All EMS Agencies using WEMSIS directly (web entry) must log into WEMSIS Elite to use either the Elite run form or get redirected to the version 2 run form.
January 1, 2017: Hard Date - All EMS Agencies must transition by this date.
Submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database:
Information regarding submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database was last updated on September 29, 2016.
- Date of First v3 Data Submission: July 1, 2015
- Month and Year of First Record(s) in the v3 Database (Unit Notified by Dispatch Date): March 2015
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page. If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html