National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
EMS Director (Acting)
Main EMS Office: (334) 206-5383
Alabama Department of Health
PO BOX 30301
Montgomery, AL 36130-3017
EMS Website: ADPH.org - Emergency Medical Services
NEMSIS V3 Implementation Tools
State V3 Implementation Timeline
Information regarding the state transition to and implementation of the v3 Data Standard was last updated on February 10, 2017.
- Planned closure date for receiving Version 2.2.1 data: December 31, 2017
- Planned date for Version 3 to "Go Live": April 3, 2017
- Planned date for all EMS agencies to move to Version3: January 1, 2018
- What NEMSIS Version will be used with the Roll-Out: v3.4.0
- Additional Information on the transition timeline:
Planned date "Live v3.4.0 system" for web entry environment: Quarter 2 2017.
Planned date "Live v3.4.0 system" will accept 3rd party XML files: Quarter 2 2017.
Actual patient records will be collected beginning April 3, 2017.
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page. If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html