National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
EMS Data Manager
Data & EMS Systems Section Manager
Phone: (720) 633-5653
EMS IT Manager
Phone: (303) 692-2803
Colorado Dept of Public Health & Environment
Health Facilities & Emergency Medical Services Division
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
Denver, CO 80246-1530
EMS Website: Emergency Medical & Trauma Services
NEMSIS V3 Implementation Tools
State V3 Implementation Timeline
Information regarding the state transition to and implementation of the v3 Data Standard was last updated on February 16, 2017.
- Planned closure date for receiving Version 2.2.1 data: December 31, 2017
- Went "Live" with v3.4.0: January 1, 2017
- Planned date for all EMS agencies to move to Version 3: January 1, 2018
- What NEMSIS Version will be used with the Roll-Out: v3.4.0
- Additional Information on the transition timeline:
Transition period is from August 2016 - December 2017 for all EMS Agencies to be using Version 3.4.0.
Planned date "Live v3.4.0 system" for web entry environment: August 2016.
Planned date "Live v3.4.0 system" will accept 3rd party XML files: August 2016.
Actual patient records will be collected beginning August 2016.
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page. If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html