Department of Health
Emergency Medical Services
600 E. Capitol Ave
Pierre, SD 57501
EMS Website: South Dakota Emergency Medical Services
Information regarding the state transition to and implementation of the v3 Data Standard was last updated on March 30, 2018.
- Planned closure date for receiving Version 2.2.1 data: Not Yet Determined
- Went "Live" with v3.4.0: January 1, 2018
- Planned date for all EMS agencies to move to Version 3: Not Yet Determined
- What NEMSIS Version will be used with the roll-out: v3.4.0
Additional Information on the transition timeline:
October - November 2017: Training EMS Agencies on the new v3.4.0 system. Many EMS agencies will begin documenting current EMS responses following training.
Quarter 1 2018: Resources and training for 3rd party software systems will be provided.
Quarter 2 2018: All EMS agencies submitting using NEMSIS 3.4.0.
Submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database:
Information regarding submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database was last updated on March 30, 2018.
- Date of First v3 Data Submission: January 26, 2018
- Month and Year of First Record(s) in the v3 Database (Unit Notified by Dispatch Date): October 2017
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page. If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html