Department of Health
Emergency Medical Services
600 E. Capitol Ave
Pierre, SD 57501
EMS Website: South Dakota Emergency Medical Services
Information regarding the state transition to and implementation of the v3 Data Standard was last updated on May 9, 2023.
- Went “Live” with Version 3.5: 09-01-2022
- Direct Users of the South Dakota State ImageTrend Elite system will all transition to Version 3.5.0: Q2 of 2023
- South Dakota can accept DEM and EMS DataSet files from EMS agencies using other v3.5.0 compliant software at this time. Please communicate with the SD OEMS when you are ready to begin submitting v3.5.0 data. Preparatory steps are needed on the state side.
- Planned Date all Agencies must transition to Version 3.5.0: Q2 of 2023
- Planned Closure Date for Version 3.4: 03-31-2023
Submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database:
Information regarding submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database was last updated on December 6, 2022.
- Date of First V3.5.0 Data Submission: 09-29-2022
- Month and Year of First Record(s) in the V3.5.0 Database (Unit Notified by Dispatch Date): 08-2022
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page. If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html