EMS Data Manager
EMS Program Manager
California EMS Authority
10901 Gold Center Drive, Suite 400
Rancho Cordova, CA 95814
EMS Website: California EMS
NEMSIS V3 Implementation Tools
Please refer to the California EMS Authority website and the CEMSIS page for details related to California NEMSIS 3 requirements and resources such as suggested lists: https://www.emsa.ca.gov/CEMSIS.
State V3 Implementation Timeline
Information regarding the state transition to and implementation of the v3 Data Standard was last updated on July 25, 2023.
- Planned time frame for Version 3.5.0 to “Go Live”: We have already implemented v3.5.0
- Planned time frame for all EMS agencies to move to Version 3.5.0: Q4 of 2023. Our provider EMS agencies will not meet the Jan. 1, 2024 transition date
- Planned closure date for receiving Version 3.4.0 data: While CA supports the 1/1/2024 date we are not able to say what percentage of agencies in CA will make that date.
- Additional Information on the transition timeline:State of CA implementation date is 10/31/2023
Submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database:
Information regarding submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database was
last updated on May 9, 2023.
- Date of First V3.5.0 Data Submission:
- Month and Year of First Record(s) in the V3.5.0 Database (Unit Notified by Dispatch Date):
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page.
If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: