Virginia Department of Health
Office of Emergency Medical Services
1041 Technology Park Drive
Glen Allen, VA 23059
EMS Website: Virginia Department of Health - Office of EMS Home Page
Support Website: OEMSsupport.kayako.com
Support Phone: 804-888-9149
Information regarding the state transition to and implementation of the v3 Data Standard was last updated on August 5, 2016.
- Planned closure date for receiving Version 2.2.1 data: December 31, 2016
- Went "Live" with Version 3.3.4: January 1, 2015
- Planned date for all EMS agencies to move to Version 3: January 1, 2017
- Please note, the Virginia Office of EMS has identified a plan for EMS Agency Groups to transition to the Version 3 standard which is posted on their website.
Additional Information on the transition timeline:
State Specific Validation Rules
1) Virginia will not be utilizing Schematron for the State Rules at this time.
2) The Virginia Validation Rules are final until June 1, 2015 based on the Virginia Revision Schedule.
3) An instructions worksheet was added to the document 07-18-2014.
Submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database:
Information regarding submission to the Version 3 National EMS Database was last updated on September 29, 2016.
- Date of First v3 Data Submission September 14, 2015
- Month and Year of First Record(s) in the v3 Database (Unit Notified by Dispatch Date): May 2015
NOTE: You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view much of the content on this page. If you need the current version of Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html