National EMS Information System, Technical Assistance Center - Salt Lake City, UT
May 22, 2015
- Changes to NEMSIS Version 2 & 3 Timelines and Revision Cycles!
NHTSA and the NEMSIS Technical Assistance Center (TAC) appreciate the thoughtful deliberations and recommendations of the NASEMSO Data Managers’ Council and the NASEMSO Board of Directors regarding new timelines and revision cycles for the NEMSIS Version 2 and 3 Standards for local, State and national collection of valuable EMS patient care data.
Recognizing that, for a variety of reasons, states and contracted vendors are at different stages of Version 3 implementation, the following policy decisions have been made:
- The NEMSIS TAC will continue to collect NEMSIS Version 2 data from the States until 12/31/2016;
- The NEMSIS TAC will continue to collect both NEMSIS Version 3.3.4 and NEMSIS Version 3.4 data from the States until 12/31/2017; however, Version 3.4 will officially become the standard on 1/1/2018;
- NHTSA and the NEMSIS TAC have agreed that major revisions to the NEMSIS Standard will occur on a four year cycle. The next major revision could be released March, 2018 and would officially become the standard on 1/1/2019.
Some States may be ready to move forward more quickly - which is highly encouraged!
Graphic illustrating the revised timeline: here
April 14, 2015
- NEW Pediatric Cause of Injury Dashboard!
We have created another NEW dashboard to give an in depth view of our pediatric data. This public access dashboard is available here.
March 24, 2015
- New Cardiac Arrest Dashboard
May 14, 2015
- Best Practices Spotlight
The NEMSIS TAC has created a Best Practices Spotlight. This newsletter highlights EMS agencies that are effectively integrating NEMSIS data to serve local and state public health and safety needs. In the third issue, we spotlight the Illinois Department of Public Health and their use of NEMSIS compliant prehospital care data to evaluate data quality. For more information read the third issue of Best Practices Spotlight.
Links to State Information Related to NTHSA / NEMSIS Version 2 and Version 3:
Version 2: (link)
- State & Territory Information
- Submission Schedule
Version 3: (link)
- State & Territory Information
- National Library
NEMSIS Suggested Presentation!
This webinar will give an overview of the EMS systems and the National Emergency Medical Services Information System (NEMSIS) and discuss how NEMSIS can be used in syndromic surveillance.
April 8, 2015
NEMSIS TAC 2015 Annual Meeting Registration
- Moving Forward Together
...With the V3 Standard -
When: September 29-30, 2015
Where: Park City, Utah
Registration Cost : $225
Hotel Information: The Lodges at Deer Valley
Agenda: Annual Meeting DRAFT Agenda (Posted 04-10-2015)
Don't Delay, Please Register Today ...HERE!
- Identify the Benefits of NEMSIS Version 3
- Learn how to use the NEMSIS TAC Version 3 Benchmark API
- Learn how to generate a NEMSIS Version 3 Schematron File
- Identify how to access the NEMSISTAC Version 3 GIT Repository Resources
- Why Use Electronic Clinical Quality Measures
- Discuss NEMSIS Version 3 Standard Revisions
NHTSA / NEMSIS Version 3.4.0 Build 150302 - Official Release
March 3, 2015: The NEMSIS Technical Assistance Center team is pleased to announce the release of NHTSA / NEMSIS Version 3.4.0 Build 150302. This is a major release with the addition of nine elements to the standard and two retired. Thanks for the continued support and involvement of the dedicated EMS stakeholders.
Please see the v3.4.0 Build 150302 Change Log for details for details regarding the modifications.
The Data Dictionary and other resources can be found from the Version 3 tab.
Forum to submit revision requests to the v3 Standard:
Enter your recommended revision to the v3 standard on the NEMSIS V3 Forum.
A NEMSIS Account is required to make revision requests, comment on other requests, and view the forum.
If you don't have an account, request one from Jorge.
Requests and recommendations for changes to the v3 Standard may also be submitted tvia the v3 forum by July 31st of each year. Changes to the dataset will be made only after careful consideration and EMS Stakeholder involvement.
Previous versions of the NEMSIS v3 Standard can be found on the NEMSIS Version 3 Archive page.
NEMSIS Version 3 Shortcuts:
For a summary of the v3 dataset information click Overview.
Additional components are available under Downloads in the Version 3 tab.
Suggested Lists can be found on the Resources page
1) v3.4.0 CR1 - National Schematron / Validation Rule Change Overview
2) EMS Performance Measures Initiative
Nick Nudell & Dave Williams
Use Firefox or Google Chrome to view the Webinar Recording
This webinar provides an opportunity to learn more about the National EMS Performance Measures Initiative.
NEMSIS V3 Implementation Conference Calls:
The NEMSIS TAC will hold NEMSIS Version 3 Software Developer's Implementation Conference Calls on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month from 11:00 to 12:30 Eastern Time (9:00-10:30 Mountain Time). Notifications of the agenda, phone line, and webinar link are sent out prior to the call, or in the event a call is cancelled.
Information for the conference call is posted on the NEMSIS TAC Google Group the Friday before the call.
To receive notification please become a member of the NEMSIS Google Group or List Serve available here.
If you have any questions, please contact Karen Jacobson at Karen.Jacobson@hsc.utah.edu.